+91 7399300900   |   +917399300900   |   About Us   |   Contact Us


Everything to Know About CMA Inter Group 2


Everything to Know About CMA Inter Group 2

CMA or cost management accounting is one of the best careers moves for students who wish to make careers big in the field of management accounting. Before you choose it as your career, you should know all details about the course, including the eligibility, exam structure, salaries and the opportunities it will offer to you. But you don’t need to stress anymore as we have got your back by providing all the information. 

Some of the basic eligibility requirements for CMA certification are:

  • Membership of IMA
  • A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
  • Two years of relevant experience
  • Cleared both the parts of CMA Exams

After completing the course, you can expect to become the Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, Financial Risk Manager, Financial Controller, Cost Accountant and Chief Financial Officer. Salary offered depends mainly on various factors, including Age & Years of Experience, Job Role, Region and many more.

But in this guide, we shall focus more on the CMA Inter Group 2 Course.” Just like its predecessor CMA inter group2 comprises 4 papers or subjects. Some of the subjects under intergroup 2 are:

  • Paper 9 – Operations Management and Strategic Management
  • Paper 10 – Cost and Management Accounting and Financial Management
  • Paper 11 – Indirect Taxation (including Customs Act)
  • Paper 12 – Company Accounts and Audit

If you want to clear this examination, then you need to score a minimum 40 marks out of 100 and a total of 200 out of 400 marks. If you want to maximize your chances, then you should aim to secure as many marks as you wish.

Some of the general tips to clear group 2:

  • You can reuse your notes from CMA Inter Group 1 for subjects including Cost and Management Accounting and Financial Management (Paper 10).
  • It would be best to study a mix of both theory and practical. It is quite possible that you might get bored.
  • It would be best if you focused more on Operations Management and Strategic Management (Paper 9) and Cost and Management Accounting and Financial Management (Paper 10) as they are majorly formula based. For acing them, Cheat Sheets are indispensable.
  • Experts who offer CMA Inter Group 2 Video Lectures suggest that time is precious, so you should check the videos often if you find the study material difficult to save both time and the efforts.

Some tips to clear other subjects:

Operations Management and Strategic Management:

  • It is loaded with formulas, so, all you need to do is to create a formula sheet for the same and then you can use it as a reference while you solve practical problems so you can quickly memorize the formulas.
  • Strategic management counts only for 30% while on the other hand, operation management comprises 70% of the marks.
  • You need to draw a lot of tables for understanding different concepts, including Demand forecasting and aggregate planning, so, you need to practice these by hand rather than using a computer.
  • All you need to do is create a sheet of abbreviations of all the terms in operations management and read it daily until you memorize them. 

Cost and Management, Accounting, and Financial Management:

You can start by studying concepts, including Marginal Costing concepts such as Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis (CVP Analysis), Absorption Costing, etc.

  • You need to ensure you practice all variants of the questions as concepts including Fixed, Variable, and Semi-Variable costing can be confusing because of the advanced level application of these concepts. 
  • You need to prepare a formula sheet for Financial Management as it is entirely dependent on formulas.
  • You need to make brief points that will revise Capital Structure Theories quickly and effectively.

Indirect taxation: