Ideally, Bachelor of Commerce also known as B. Com. is a three years graduation degree program that is imparted in two ways that are either Regular or Distance education programs. It is also the second most prominent graduation course under the commerce stream. There are three most popular courses under the B.com, including B.com or B. Com-General, B. Com (Honors), and B. Com LLB. Several universities refer to the B. Com Course as B.com pass. Under the B. Com Video Lectures, students are mainly taught about the main subjects, which are related to Commerce and finance. During the three-year course duration, the candidates are also given an option to choose from some particular topics. Usually, the program is bifurcated in six semesters during which students are taught the subjects which are financial accounting, corporate tax, economics, company law, auditing, business management and others.
Above all, the B.com course is one of the best options for students who plan to make a career in commerce, accounting, finance, banking and insurance. Additionally, you can Buy Online B. Com Courses if you are planning to pursue Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accounting, and Company Secretaryship. After pursuing B.com, students can also create their careers in management, teaching, advertising, law, journalism, mass communication, law, design, etc. Lastly, on average, students who have completed their Bcom graduation are earning more than Three to Four lakhs initially and much more once got experienced.
Career Prospects after B.com & Salary Packages:
Here is a brief list of job options along with the salaries and profiles post your degree in B.com
|S. No||Job Option||About||Average Salary|
|1||Financial Risk Manager||Post B.com one can do a FRM certification which is a very widely recognized certification for banking and finance.||Salary ranging from Rs.8 lakhs to Rs.15 Lakhs depending on the skill set.|
|2||Business Analyst||There are many companies, especially the MNC’s who are always on a lookout for fresh B.com graduates. Further to grow the corporate ladder, one can do the additional courses.||Salary ranges from Rs.3.5 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs depending on the various factors such as skill set, company, geography, team etc.|
|3||Digital Manager||Currently the role of a digital manager is gaining immense amount of prominence. MNC’s today are majorly on a lookout for graduates who have a B.com degree and can handle the digital aspects of the company||Salary ranges from Rs.4 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs depending on the kind of role and duties you are assigned.|
|4||Government Jobs||Once you are through with your B.com you can always apply for various government jobs such as IBPS, SSC, UPSC etc.||Salary for freshers ranges from Rs.5 Lakhs to Rs.12 Lakhs depending on the exam you crack.|
Here are some added job roles along with the packages:
Jobs offered to B.com graduates along with the salary:
- Accountant- Rs.2 lakh per annum and above
- Financial Analyst- Rs.3.7 lakh per annum and above
- Financial Consultant- Rs.5 lakh per annum and above
- Account Executive- Rs.2.5 lakh per annum and above
- Jr Accountant- Rs.1.75 lakh per annum and above
- Business Consultant- Rs.9 lakh per annum and above
- Accounts Manager- Rs.5.8 lakh per annum and above
- Business Executive-Rs.3 lakh per annum and above
- Tax Consultant -Rs.4.5 lakh per annum and above
These graduates are also offered various junior profile jobs, including in the fields of finance, accounting, banking, Commerce, HR, and administrative departments of organizations. Additionally, B.com graduates are also hired by banking and insurance companies and some accounting and auditing firms.
Eligibility criteria for ‘Bachelor of Commerce Course’:
B. Com is offered by the majority of the universities and colleges, unlike other technical and vocational courses. The eligibility criteria for attending Bachelor of Commerce Video Lectures are:
- The candidate must have studied Commerce in class 11 and 12 with subjects like Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Maths/optional subject and English as main subjects
- The student must meet the minimum cut-off criteria for admission in the college they apply to.
- The minimum cut off marks criteria may be different in each college/university’s every college/university has its own admission criteria for the particular academic session.
Some of the factors that mainly influence cut-off marks B.com admission is the marks students scored in the 12th, the average score in Commerce, minimum cut off marks of the previous year, admission is a total percentage of candidates passing in Commerce in boards and other factors.
Some of the semester one subjects are:
- Maths/ Computer
- Business Communication
- Environment and Public Health
- Computer Applications and IT
- English Second language
Semester 2 subjects are:
During the 2nd semester, students are most likely to be given knowledge in the field of business laws and fundamental accounting.
- General Awareness 1 & 2
- Maths Computers
Semester 3 subjects are:
Microeconomics and corporate accounting are two of the most important subjects taught under semester 3.
- Income Tax Laws
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Banking and Insurance
- Indian Economy
- Corporate Accounting-I
Semester 4 subjects are:
There are two groups, namely A and B in semester 4. There are seven mandatory subjects in group A. Whereas, in B group, there are two compulsory subjects.
The mandatory subjects of group A are:
- Corporate accounting-II
- Basics of cost accounting labor
- Elements of company Law-II
- Managerial communication
- Overheads SPL
- The Indian banking system and central banking –
Group B will have:
- Business Communication
- Marketing Management subjects
Semester 5 subjects:
Under this semester five subjects are compulsory and one subject you can choose:
- Cost accounting
- Banking & Financial systems
- Income Tax
- Marketing Management
Semester 6 subjects:
- Advance accounting paper 2
- Contemporary Indian economics Issue and policies
- BCom Indirect Taxes paper 2
- Mercantile Law-II